A nativity play that invites the audience to walk alongside the actors through the grounds of a Surrey estate will be performed this Christmas.
A cast of volunteers, alongside sheep, donkeys and horses, will take part in the open-air Christmas performances.
A statement from Wintershall reads: “Experience the real Christmas story and walk with Mary and Joseph on their journey to Bethlehem, live at Wintershall this Christmas.
“Walk through the stunning grounds of the Wintershall Estate and meet the shepherds watching their sheep, see the Angel Gabriel across the hillside and help the Wise Men to find the Christmas Star.”
Find out how you can get more news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox HERE.
Visitors are asked to wrap up warm and put on suitable footwear for the country walk; the event may take around one-and-a-half hours.
Due to the length of the walk, which has hilly sections, the organisers say the events may not be suitable for those under three years old.
Furthermore, pushchairs will not be suitable so baby carriers are recommended for very young children. Dogs are also not allowed, with the exception of guide or service dogs.
Wintershall has introduced the following rules to ensure the events are Covid-19 safe:
- A ticket is for a family group of up to 6, including children and others in the support bubble;
- Groups will be asked to keep their distance from other families and bubbles;
- Stewards will be at the events to help maintain social distancing;
- There are hot and cold drinks and snacks available on arrival and departure but only one person should queue for them to allow for social distancing;
- The toilet facilities will be managed and sanitised regularly and hand sanitiser will also be provided;
- Guests are asked to arrive 15 minutes before their allocated booking slot and if you arrive too early, remain in your car until your allocated time;
- During the brief visit to the stable, at Holly Barn, you must wear a face-covering unless you are exempt.
How to book
Timeslots are available between 1pm and 3.30pm on December 18 and between 10am and 3.30pm on December 19, 20 and 21.
Each ticket costs £35 and is for a family group of up to six people, including any children. Tickets can be bought via the website www.wintershall.org.uk.
Parking is free and hot drinks and refreshments will be available. The location of the estate is Wintershall, Gate Street, Bramley, GU5 0LR.