Another 228 cases of coronavirus have been recorded in Surrey in the last 24 hours, according to the latest figures from Public Health England (October 4).
Every area of the county recorded new cases, with the total number of confirmed infections across Surrey since the start of the pandemic now standing at 6,443.
The latest data from Public Health England today (October 4) also shows the total number of UK cases is a huge rise of 22,961 in the same time period.
The UK’s total number of cases since the start of the pandemic is now over half a million – 502,978.
There have been 33 more deaths recorded, bringing the UK total to 42,350.
Yesterday, 12,872 positive tests were reported in the daily figures, which was more than double the previous 24 hours.
The government put this down to a technical issue, saying there has been a delay in publishing a number of cases.
They have now identified more than 15,000 cases which were not included in the daily reports between September 25 and October 2.
Today’s update brings the UK total to more than half a million cases.
Find out how you can get more news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox HERE
Breakdown of cases per Surrey district and borough
- Elmbridge: 680 ( increase of 36 )
- Epsom and Ewell: 441 ( increase of 17)
- Guildford: 756 ( increase of 40)
- Mole Valley: 419 ( increase of 14 )
- Reigate and Banstead: 939 ( increase of 11 )
- Runnymede: 487 ( increase of 21 )
- Spelthorne: 534 ( increase of 11 )
- Surrey Heath: 561 (increase of 18)
- Tandridge: 439 ( increase of 15)
- Waverley: 651 ( increase of 26 )
- Woking: 536 ( increase of 19 )
Put your postcode in to see how many cases there have been near you in the last seven days (IYA):
Breakdown of deaths recorded per trust operating in Surrey
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust – 374
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust – 277
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – 260
- Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust – 194
- Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust – 98
- Woking Community Hospital – one
- Nuffield Health, Woking – one
- Mount Alvernia, Guildford – two
- Walton Community Hospital – four
- St Magnus in Haslemere – two
It is worth noting that some of these trusts operate sites outside of Surrey.