Surrey’s coronavirus death toll has risen by another 40 in the latest figures (January 8).
It comes as 1,428 new cases of coronavirus were recorded across the county in the past 24 hours.
Reigate and Banstead is back to recording the highest number of cases in the area – with 177 in the last day.
The next highest was Elmbridge with 165, and then Spelthorne with 155.
Of the new fatalities, 22 were recorded by Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, one was at Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust and five further deaths were recorded at Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust.
Another eight were recorded at Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust while four at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
The Government said a further 1,325 people had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Friday – the highest number of UK deaths reported on a single day since the outbreak began.
It brings the UK total to 79,833.
The figures continue to be affected by a lag in the publication of recent data and will contain some deaths that took place over the Christmas and New Year period that have only just been reported.
Separate figures published by the UK’s statistics agencies for deaths where Covid-19 has been mentioned on the death certificate, together with additional data on deaths that have occurred in recent days, show there have now been 95,000 deaths involving Covid-19 in the UK.
The Government also said that, as of 9am on Friday, there had been a further 68,053 lab-confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK.
It brings the total number of cases in the UK to 2,957,472.
Find out how you can get more news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox HERE.
Breakdown of cases per Surrey district and borough (increase shown is from the last 24 hours)
- Elmbridge: 5,214 (increase of 165)
- Epsom and Ewell: 3,517 (increase of 129)
- Guildford: 4,929 (increase of 118)
- Mole Valley: 2,967 (increase of 117)
- Reigate and Banstead: 5,744 (increase of 177)
- Runnymede: 3,827 (increase of 106)
- Spelthorne: 4,780 (increase of 155)
- Surrey Heath: 3,685 (increase of 122)
- Tandridge: 3,680 (increase of 102)
- Waverley: 3,986 (increase of 116)
- Woking : 4,272 (increase of 121)
Breakdown of deaths recorded per trust operating in Surrey
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust – 632 (increase of 22)
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust – 457 (increase of eight)
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – 363 (increase of four)
- Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust – 280 (increase of five)
- Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust – 165 (increase of one)
- Woking Community Hospital – one (no change)
- Nuffield Health, Woking – one (no change)
- Mount Alvernia, Guildford – two (no change)
- Walton Community Hospital – four (no change)
- St Magnus in Haslemere – two (no change)