There have been a further 35 deaths related to Covid-19 recorded across Surrey, according to NHS England data released today (January 24).
In the past 24 hours, 497 new positive tests have been recorded across the region – down from 561 yesterday.
Nationwide, a further 610 people have died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Saturday, bringing the UK total to 97,939.
As of 9am on Saturday there had been a further 30,004 lab-confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK.
Find out how you can get more news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox HERE.
It brings the total number of cases in the UK to 3,647,463.
Up to January 23 shows of the 6,822,981 jabs given in the UK so far, 6,353,321 were first doses – a rise of 491,970 on the previous day’s figures, while 469,660 were second doses, an increase of 1,043 on figures released the previous day.
Of this number, 5,085,771 were the first dose of the vaccine, a rise of 424,478 on Friday’s figures, while 440,300 were the second dose, an increase of 1,118.
In Surrey, 12 of the new fatalities were recorded at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Reigate and Banstead reported an increase of 73 cases, bringing its total to 7,772 since the beginning of the pandemic.
Elsewhere, there were rises of 66 in Spelthorne, 52 in Tandridge, and 51 in Elmbridge.
Breakdown of cases per Surrey district and borough (increase shown is from the last 24 hours).
- Elmbridge: 6,478 (increase of 51)
- Epsom and Ewell: 4,532 (increase of 38)
- Guildford: 6,290 (increase of 42)
- Mole Valley: 3,798 (increase of 36)
- Reigate and Banstead: 7,772 (increase of 73)
- Runnymede: 4,671 (increase of 16)
- Spelthorne: 6,215 (increase of 66)
- Surrey Heath: 4,815 (increase of 46)
- Tandridge: 4,774 (increase of 52)
- Waverley: 5,060 (increase of 37)
- Woking : 5,679 (increase of 40)
Breakdown of deaths recorded per trust operating in Surrey
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust – 911 (increase of 12)
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust – 584 (increase of 7)
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – 462 (increase of 10)
- Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust – 365 (no change )
- Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust – 210 ( increase of 6 )
- Woking Community Hospital – one (no change)
- Nuffield Health, Woking – one (no change)
- Mount Alvernia, Guildford – two (no change)
- Walton Community Hospital – four (no change)
- St Magnus in Haslemere – two (no change)