The average house price in the UK increased by 10.9% over the year to February 2022, according to the most recent figures from the Office for National Statistics. This is up from 10.2% in January 2022.
Surrey is renowned for having beautiful scenery as well as plenty of good schools, meaning it’s a hotspot for families to move to. These advantages come with a cost, though, and the county isn’t the cheapest of areas to buy a property in.
Areas such as Virginia Water and St George’s Hill in Weybridge are full of homes valued in the millions, sometimes tens of millions. In the first quarter of 2022, the most expensive property sold in the entire UK was only a terraced house.
However, the home was located in the incredibly-exclusive Hyde Park Gate, London and went for just over £22.7m. In Surrey for the same period, the most expensive home sold was around one quarter of that price.
With that in mind, below is a list of the 10 most expensive homes that were sold in Surrey between January and March of this year.
- 43 Broadwater Road South , Hersham, Walton, Elmbridge, KT12 5DE – a detached house sold for £5.85m on March 4
- 6 Furze Field , Oxshott, Leatherhead, Elmbridge, KT22 0UR – detached house sold for £4.95m on February 18
- 11 Icklingham Road , Cobham, Elmbridge, KT11 2NG – detached house sold for £3.95m on February 10
- Keston Lodge , Downs Lane, Leatherhead, Mole Valley, KT22 8JJ – detached house sold for £3.5m on January 28
- Montague House , 48B, Copsem Lane, Esher, Elmbridge, KT10 9HJ – detached house sold for £3.5m on March 4
- Stoneacres , Fifield Lane, Frensham, Farnham, Waverley, GU10 3AR – detached house sold for £3.282m on January 31
- Saxonwood , Cobbetts Ridge, Farnham, Waverley GU10 1RQ – detached house sold for £3.25m on January 05
- Ockham Mill , Mill Lane, Ripley, Woking, Guildford, GU23 6QT – detached house sold for £3.25m on February 28
- Amberley , 2, Tree Way, Reigate, Reigate and Banstead, RH2 0DT – detached house, sold for £3m on January 31
- Summerlee , Elmstead Road, West Byfleet, Woking, KT14 6JB – detached house, sold for £2.95m on March 10
Find out how you can get more property news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox for free here .