There have been a further 25 cases of coronavirus recorded in Surrey in the past 24 hours, according to government figures released today (September 3).
In Surrey, 5,188 people have tested positive for Covid-19 – a rise of 25 within a 24hr period.
The Government said a further 13 people had died in the UK within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Thursday, but a new overall total has yet to be confirmed. The overall total on Wednesday was 41,514.
Separate figures published by the UK’s statistics agencies show there have now been 57,300 deaths registered in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.
The Government also said that as of 9am on September 3, there had been a further 1,735 lab-confirmed cases of coronavirus. Overall, 340,411 cases have been confirmed.
Since the launch of Test and Trace, 270,559 close contacts of people who have tested positive for Covid-19 have now been reached through the tracing system and asked to self-isolate.
This is 79.7 per cent out of a total of 339,635 people identified as close contacts. The remaining 69,076 people (20.3 per cent) were identified as close contacts, but were not reached.
No more deaths with coronavirus have been reported by trusts operating in and around Surrey, with the total remaining at 1,198 since the start of the pandemic.
Find out how you can get more news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox HERE
Breakdown of cases per Surrey district and borough:
- Elmbridge: 513 (increase of five)
- Epsom and Ewell: 362 (increase of two)
- Guildford: 615 (no change )
- Mole Valley: 359 (no change)
- Reigate and Banstead: 836 (increase of six)
- Runnymede: 363 (no change)
- Spelthorne: 385 (increase of seven)
- Surrey Heath: 470 (increase of three)
- Tandridge: 352 (increase of one)
- Waverley: 521 ( increase of one)
- Woking: 412 (no change)
Breakdown of deaths recorded per trust operating in Surrey:
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust – 365
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust – 276
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – 260
- Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust – 189
- Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust – 98
- Woking Community Hospital – one
- Nuffield Health, Woking – one
- Mount Alvernia, Guildford – two
- Walton Community Hospital – four
- St Magnus in Haslemere – two
It is worth noting that some of these trusts operate sites outside of Surrey, for example Frimley Health runs Wexham Park in Slough.