There are now 4,740 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Surrey, according to figures released by Public Health England today (August 4) – an increase of seven in the last 24 hours.
This represents an increase of 670 and 89 respectively over the past 24 hours.
Figures for some Surrey districts and boroughs were not included in today’s update – which saw a change to the way coronavirus data is displayed on the Government website.
New data was only made available for Tandridge, Waverley and Woking.
Please see below for a breakdown per district and borough – if new data was not available, this is indicated in bold.
The rate is the amount of cases divided by 100,000 to account for different population sizes in each region.
- Elmbridge: Figures unavailable on August 4 (Monday’s figures – Cases 435; Rate: 318.40)
- Epsom and Ewell: Figures unavailable on August 4 (Monday’s figures – Cases 339; Rate 424.10)
- Guildford: Figures unavailable on August 4 (Monday’s figures – Cases 562; Rate 380.0)
- Mole Valley: Figures unavailable on August 4 (Monday’s figures – Cases 332; Rate 380.5)
- Reigate and Banstead: Figures unavailable on August 4 (Monday’s figures – Cases 780; Rate 527.9)
- Runnymede: Figures unavailable on August 4 (Monday’s figures – Cases 338; 384.1)
- Spelthorne: Figures unavailable on August 4 (Monday’s figures – Cases 341; Rate 343.30)
- Surrey Heath: Figures unavailable on August 4 (Monday’s figures – Cases 440; Rate 495.10)
- Tandridge: 332; (Rate 376) – no change
- Waverley: 471; (Rate 372) – no change
- Woking: 366, Rate (363) – increase of three
Find out how you can get more news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox HERE.
NHS England figures
According to the latest figures from NHS England there have been no further Covid-19 patient deaths recorded by hospital trusts operating in and around Surrey.
The figure remains at 1,197 since the start of the pandemic.
Please see below for a breakdown per hospital trust. It is worth noting that some trusts operate sites outside of Surrey, for example St Helier hospital is in Sutton.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust – 364
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust – 276
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – 260
Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust – 189
Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust – 98
Woking Community Hospital – one
Nuffield Health, Woking – one
Mount Alvernia, Guildford – two
Walton Community Hospital – four
St Magnus in Haslemere – two
The NHS Test and Trace programme needs to be scaled up in order to reopen schools safely, researchers said today.
A new modelling study has implied that reopening schools in September must be combined with a high-coverage test-trace-isolate strategy to avoid a second wave of Covid-19 later this year.
The study comes as Australian research found there were “low” levels of coronavirus transmission in schools and nurseries.