Another 22 cases of coronavirus have been recorded in Surrey in the last 24 hours, according to the latest figures.
The total number of cases across the county now stands at 5,678 today (September 21).
The latest data from Public Health England also shows the UK-wide total number of cases has increased by 4,383 in the last 24 hours, rising to 398,625.
A further 11 deaths have been recorded from people who have tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 28 days. The UK death toll now stands at 41,788.
Speaking today Professor Chris Whitty said there were four ways the virus could have a “significant effect” on the nation’s health if it got out of control.
Those included direct Covid-19 deaths and the risk of the NHS emergency services being “overwhelmed by a huge spike” – something that was prevented by the March lockdown.
The third way was the impact on the NHS if it had to spend “a large proportion of its effort in trying to treat Covid cases”, leading to reductions in other services and indirect deaths and illnesses.
The fourth factor was the risk of economic and social impacts from coronavirus restrictions.
Find out how you can get more news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox HERE
Breakdown of cases per Surrey district and borough
- Elmbridge: 572 ( increase of two )
- Epsom and Ewell: 400 ( increase of two)
- Guildford: 658 ( increase of one)
- Mole Valley: 380 ( increase of three )
- Reigate and Banstead: 889 ( increase of two )
- Runnymede: 416 (increase of three)
- Spelthorne: 461 (increase of three)
- Surrey Heath: 500 (increase of three)
- Tandridge: 388 ( increase of one )
- Waverley: 559 ( increase of one )
- Woking: 455 ( increase of one )
Put your postcode in to see how many cases there have been near you in the last seven days (IYA):
No new deaths have been reported by NHS trusts operating across Surrey.
Breakdown of deaths recorded per trust operating in Surrey
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust – 368
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust – 277
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – 260
- Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust – 191
- Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust – 98
- Woking Community Hospital – one
- Nuffield Health, Woking – one
- Mount Alvernia, Guildford – two
- Walton Community Hospital – four
- St Magnus in Haslemere – two
It is worth noting that some of these trusts operate sites outside of Surrey.